Tuesday 6 May 2008

Kathmandu again

I could have chilled in Pokhara for longer, but decided to get back to Kathmandu. I made the journey yesterday - by "tourist bus". This is the relatively luxurious option, the main advantage being that the bus isn't touting for additional passengers all the time. The journey was perfectly enjoyable for 6 hours until we reached the traffic of Kathmandu. There are a couple of painful bottlenecks here which add about 2 hours to many journeys. Kathmandu is another (much more frenetic) world after the peace of Annapurna and Pokhara - but I do like the place. I'm back at the KGH and will be looking into some (volunteering and travel) options over the next few days. I was pleased that Tika came by to see me off in Pokhara - even at the early hour of 7 am. Here's a picture of the two of us having some breakfast at the Be Happy restaurant just before I left.

No comments: