Sunday 2 November 2008

Italian garlic soup?



I couldn't come to Italy without investigating the garlic soup subject, but I have to say that my research so far has been a bit disappointing - given that garlic seems to appear in just about everything, and that they make some fine soups. But my survey of the Villa Pia kitchen staff came up with a reaction which seemed to be assessing me as slightly mad. They have presented me today with a recipe for the nearest they could come up with - which is really a kind of garlic and anchovy dip. Ah well it sounds interesting anyway. But they made up for it by agreeing to pose for a photo with me in my Bond gear. The other pic is of a a typical view of the neighbouring countryside. Such a great place I've decided to stay an extra day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Che bella! Mi piace molto Italia! Pity about the soup, but it seems you had an excellent time!