Sunday 7 December 2008

Long time no update


For the last 4 weeks I've been a student again - doing a course in the teaching of English as a foreign language at Glasgow University. It has been hard work, but the team spirit was good and I'm pretty sure that all 12 of us will get our certificates in the near future!
My intention is that I'll make use of this new skill when I return to Nepal, but I don't have any fixed dates for this yet. In the meantime I'll probably do some voluntary teaching here in Glasgow.
Having been out of circulation for a while I have a lot of catching up to do over the coming weeks, for instance with some Children's Panels - staring tomorrow. And a sign of the times for me: next weekend I'll be in Fife at the retirement party of my old school pal Roy B.
The photo is of my CELTA class colleagues at the end of the course. It's a bit out of focus but I think you can tell that they're all happy!

2 comments:

Evelyn/Ev/Evee said...

Well done, you! That's the sort of course I have often thought about doing myself! Maybe one of these days! Good luck with your voluntary teaching in Glasgow. What nationalities will you find there who want to learn English? Here it is mainly Polish!
Looking forward to hearing how you get on. You will keep blogging, won't you?
Best Wishes
Evee

Anonymous said...

Season's Greetings from Bristol & all McWilliams in the SouthWest. Hope the New Year will be happy, healthy&prosperous for us all, including the many readers of your Blog. Like you I have become a 'mature student' & now feel much more enthusiastic about life-long learning, so the Open University suits me very well. We’ve enjoyed online travelling with you as our guide Alan, so hope you have other exciting plans. Yours Aye,cousin Diana