Tuesday 10 March 2009

Sentimental journey




For the last few weeks I've been putting some effort into finally preparing a CD from some of the tape recordings left by my father, George. It is hard to believe, but last year marked the 25th anniversary of his death, and I have been keen to get this done - now that I have the appropriate technology!
I have greatly enjoyed doing this and have been pleased to be able to send copies of the CD to many friends and family memebers who remember George very fondly - and I'm delighted with the positive response. The recordings aren't perfect, having been made mostly in the kitchen at Duncan Drive, but I think they succeed in reminding us of his great energy and enthusiasm and his sense of fun.
The photo here is of the CD cover - with Dad looking happy to be coming in to Shetland. I chose the title because he usually signed off as "yer auld frien" and I'm sure he would be happy to be remembered in that way by all who knew him.
If you would like a copy please email me (via the link on the profile page here) and I'll get it done.
I'm off to Nepal again in a few days time and will be starting a new blog (http://newyetihunt.blogspot.com/ or via the link in the side panel). I hope you will follow me there!

Yer auld frien' II

1 comment:

Evelyn/Ev/Evee said...

What a great thing to have to remember your dad!
I kind of knew you'd be off travelling again before long! Best of luck with the trip to Nepal and "May the yeti ne'er tread on your digits"!
Get the recipe for garlic soup this time too, eh!
Take care!
Evee