Tuesday 25 March 2008

Ready to roll

Well nearly ready to roll; there is some packing to do later. I and the other two have all been scouring the multitude of gear shops in Kathmandu today. They mostly sell counterfeit goods, but there are some decent bargains to be had. I've had to decide that my old rucksack isn't up to the trip ahead and so my major investment of the day is a new "Lowe Alpine" 80 litre in garish yellow and black. I hope it stays in one piece. I won't bore you with the rest of my shopping list. We have just collected our permits . No new pics today. The 3 of us are getting together shortly for a steak meal at K-too restaurant. After that it's packing and an early night (maybe), before getting up for the bus to Besisahar tomorrow and the start of our trek. I expect to be out of touch for several days now. Next time should be from Manang, where I understand there is now an internet cafe.

No comments: